Software projects/OS/Slackware/Advanced usage/Samba
From Pandora Wiki
- Samba is a file and print server compatible with many OS.
- The configuration can be basic, and also very fine-tuned.
- The main configuration file is /etc/samba/smb.conf .
- Man page:
- A basic sample:
# Global parameters [global] workgroup = WG server string = Samba Server security = SHARE log file = /var/log/samba.%m max log size = 50 dns proxy = No wins support = Yes load printers = Yes printing = cups printcap name = cups [homes] comment = Home Directories read only = No browseable = No [printers] comment = All Printers path = /var/spool/samba printer = HP3005 public = Yes guest ok = Yes printable = Yes browseable = Yes create mask = 0777 [print$] comment = Printer Drivers Share path = /var/lib/samba/drivers write list = prof printer admin = prof [tmp] comment = Share the /tmp folder path = /tmp read only = No guest ok = Yes
- The shipped sample is /etc/samba/smb.conf-sample .
SWAT, Samba Web Administration Tool
- SWAT is a browser-based configuration tool.
- It's usually started by inetd. Take a look at this.
- Edit /etc/inetd.conf and uncomment
#swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/swat swat
swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/swat swat
- Start inetd. Now you can access SWAT with a web browser.
- From the OP:
- Or from outside:
- The login/password are root/your_own_root_password .