- In order to use a scanner, you have to give your user(s) the good rights.
- As root, edit /etc/group , and add your username in the scanner group.
- Log out from Xfce, log out from the console, log in and type startx.
- In the Xfce menu -> Graphics -> XSane
- You can also open a terminal and type:
Hewlett Packard devices
- To easily configure a HP device, type as root:
- Activate HP frontend under Xfce. Go in the menu -> Settings -> Settings Manager -> Session and Startup -> Application Autostart tab, then check "HP System Tray Service".