Software projects/OS/Slackware/Advanced usage/Hostname
From Pandora Wiki
Changing the hostname
- As root, type:
- Now you have to edit /etc/sudoers . You have to use visudo or nano, otherwise some editors may change the permissions of this file, therefore disable sudo commands.
- Change all "darkstar" into the hostname you've choosen.
- You can do that simply with sed:
sed -i -e "s/darkstar/new-name/" /etc/sudoers
- Sudoers permissions _must_ be:
ls -lsa /etc/sudoers -r--r----- 1 root root
- In case you changed the permissions, do this:
chmod 0440 /etc/sudoers chown 0.0 /etc/sudoers