chmod +x /etc/rc.d/rc.cups /etc/rc.d/rc.cups start
- CUPS will now run at each boot.
Add a printer
- The simplest way to manage printers with CUPS is to do it through a web browser:
Can be done from the network:
- The login/password are root/your_own_root_password .
Hewlett Packard devices
- To easily configure a HP device, type as root:
- Activate HP frontend under Xfce. Go in the menu -> Settings -> Settings Manager -> Session and Startup -> Application Autostart tab, then check "HP System Tray Service".