User talk:Blue Protoman
Hey, welcome to the wiki! Please use four tildes to sign when you leave a comment on talk pages or whatnot, like this:
~~~~. Otherwise people won't know who left the comment. Esn 22:51, 22 January 2011 (MET)
Not terribly familiar with wiki editing. In the future I will. Thanks. Blue Protoman 22:55, 22 January 2011 (MET)
Gang Garrison 2
Why did you delete Gang Garrison 2 on the port requests page? maplesugarlover 20:24, 27 January 2011 (MET)
- Oh, I see that it runs on a proprietary engine. You should comment your edits maplesugarlover 20:27, 27 January 2011 (MET)
Next time I will. Blue Protoman 00:57, 28 January 2011 (MET)
games color coding
Just a general request. Before you make major changes to a page next time, could you leave the proposal in the talk page and wait a few days? Most of what you've done has been pretty logical, but these kinds of things are hard to undo. Esn 01:14, 21 February 2011 (MET)
In the future I will. I'm out of ideas for major changes, anyway. Blue Protoman 02:36, 21 February 2011 (MET)
- I seriously doubt that the PSP is running a 2D Saturn game at full speed. Show me a video and I'll get off your case.
- Also, Mhz doesn't mean shit. It's the strength of the processor that does.
- Megahertz does not represent strength, only clock speed.
Yes, that is true - but only if we are talking about Completely different CPU architectures. PSP - MIPS, Pandora - ARM; MIPS and ARM are quite similar to each other, and have a lot in common. That is why Megahertz (in this specific case) could be used for estimating relative performance.
- I'd tell you more, but I'm not qualified to do so. Plenty of people on the boards are, though.
- Post a thread on the forums, then get ready to hide. boards.openpandora.org
I have already done that. People believed, and already made several port attempts. http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?/topic/57602-yabause-port-request/
OK. So, if you don't mind, I am adding it back.
esn was apparently on vacation. now he's back and complaining about the edits since then. One of the complaints is that their should not be a unreleased page. Apparently the software lists should list unreleased stuff. I think that's barely above including nonworking software but that's a different argument. what are your thoughts on this? I might be admin but I never asked for it. only needed it for deleting spam,banning spammers and deleting dated pages unedited from 2008. Last week was school vacation but I'm back now so I can't do as much. School is tiring and I don't have the energy to bicker about organization of unreleased software. Then again , I've never really updated the wiki lists. Just to many fields of data to enter. I hope that when the repo comes, it will relieve most of this burden. some pnds might be rejected from repo , but it should relieve the wiki of the task of cataloging Pandora software. I'm exhausted so post your thoughts and I'll get to them later maplesugarlover 04:40, 2 March 2011 (MET)
- ps, did you check out release 7 of pcsx-reARMed? maplesugarlover 04:43, 2 March 2011 (MET)
- Fellows, I don't want to make fuss about this, and I'd like to come to something that we can agree on. Please check out the Games (fork) page - that's my proposal. It's not done yet; I'll need another half-hour. Its purpose is to combine all of the information that you've added, but make it easy on the eyes and easy to edit.
- "games" and "game engines" are thus in the same list, but if you want to, you can sort by the "type" column to differentiate them.
- Unreleased games are included, and aren't on one big "unreleased" page, for convenience. For the same reason that emulators/games/other software are currently split up into three lists rather than on one page; they require slightly different table organization. Esn 05:19, 2 March 2011 (MET)
- I was pissed off because doing major cosmetic changes (without advance warning or proposals, also) make it really difficult for me to do the most important work, and the reason that the lists were created for - to update them with the latest software. It completely screws up the edit history and makes it hard to tell what happened. Which is why major changes should be discussed in advance, and be easy to undo if they're not... Esn 05:22, 2 March 2011 (MET)
- Also, maplesugarlover, I think it might have been because of me that you were made admin. ED asked me on Feb. 10 about who I'd recommend for admin. I mentioned your name and said that you've been very helpful on certain pages but also tend to not be very careful, so I didn't think you were ready yet. It seems ED still thought you were the best guy for the job, though. Esn 05:33, 2 March 2011 (MET)
esn, it was interesting being admin but its tiring and Im off of vacation so I'm done with being admin. Its exhausting work that is boring and with little reward. You only need to be admin to do a few things.I always thought you should be admin. I had a nice little time but I hope evildragon makes you admin and demotes me back to normal contributor.I'm fine with doing categories and organization stuff but I can't be admin all the time. You are better at the wiki stuff, I jump into editing most of the time. maplesugarlover 07:49, 2 March 2011 (MET)
- I'd like to do it, but I just don't really like nominating myself. Feels wrong to me, somehow. I'd be thankful if you sent ED a message, though. Esn 08:14, 2 March 2011 (MET)
I think having an Unreleased page is fine. I haven't checked out PCSX-7 yet, because due to problems at home (mainly regarding my future), I've lost my Pandora (among other things) indefinitely. Blue Protoman 13:10, 2 March 2011 (MET)
- blueproto man, hope you can get your problems resolved . ESN, I sent Evildragon a message on the official boards. Hopefully I can get back to being a simple editor maplesugarlover 20:14, 2 March 2011 (MET)
Thanks. They mainly involve the SATs, driving lessons, and a possible career path. Blue Protoman 20:16, 2 March 2011 (MET)
- Oh man, that sounds brutal... I hope it turns out all right. Esn 02:19, 3 March 2011 (MET)
- Be careful of driving lessons... the insurance fees can be through the roof if you're young, so it's better to wait sometimes... By the way, if you get the time, tell me what you think about my "games" page proposal over here. Esn 02:44, 3 March 2011 (MET)
1. Going well so far, but too early to tell. 2. Insurance for the car, I assume? And wait for what? To actually get a car? I'd like to know more about your thoughts on this matter. 3. I'll look at it at one point.
- Well, you can get driving lessons - that's a very useful skill - but until a certain age it can be a lot cheaper to not be the primary driver of a car. I'm not sure what that age is where you live; these things vary. Check what the insurance prices are where you live, how they break down by age & gender categories. Yes, I'm talking about car insurance. Esn 03:27, 3 March 2011 (MET)
Image thumbnail issues
Hi. I've been trying to contact an active admin to give some guidance with this. Discussion has been started at User talk:Esn#Image thumbnail issues. As a regular contributor here, do you have any pointers, please? Thanks very much. --Trevj 08:26, 17 September 2011 (CEST)