Software projects/OS/Slackware/Advanced usage/Distributed compilation
From Pandora Wiki
- So you need at least two networked Open Pandoras.
- In this exemple, we'll use two OP, OP-1 and OP-2.
- The compilation will be launched on OP-1.
- OP-2 IP adress is 10.0.0.2
- If you connect two OP with an USB cable, be sure to read this.
Distccd server activation
- On both OP, launch as root:
Setting up the hosts
- On OP-1, open a terminal:
export DISTCC_HOSTS="localhost 10.0.0.2"
- In the same OP-1 terminal:
make -j4 CC=distcc make -j4 CC=distcc
- In the -j(n), n represents the (number of CPU used X 2), so if you compile with 10 OP, it will be -j20 .
- You can see how the compilation is distributed.
- As root on OP-1, type: