From Pandora Wiki
Revision as of 15:31, 10 June 2018 by Jgeiss
Note: An alternative is to cross install Gentoo by yourself. This way a more recent system can be installed but it is much more difficult. See Cross Install Gentoo.
- Razor-qt 0.5.2 desktop
- Over 500 pre-built packages, including: Firefox 29.0, GIMP 2.8.10, QtCreator 2.8.1, gdb 7.6.2, Valgrind 3.9.0, gcc 4.7.3
- All the packages were built for Cortex-A8 (softfp), mostly Gentoo arm stable
- Pandora All versions fine?
- SD card Minimum 2GB
Download the gentoo image
# wget http://gentoo.openpandora.org/images/gentoo-pandora-2014.05.tar.bz2
Partition the SD card
# mkfs.ext2 -L boot /dev/mmcblk0p1 # mkfs.ext4 -L gentoo -E stride=2,stripe-width=1024 /dev/mmcblk0p2 # mkdir -p /mnt/gentoo # mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/gentoo # mkdir /mnt/gentoo/boot # mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/gentoo/boot
Extract Gentoo onto the SD card partitions
# tar xapvf gentoo-pandora-2014.05.tar.bz2 -C /mnt/gentoo # umount /mnt/gentoo/boot # umount /mnt/gentoo
- Click the wifi icon in the tray.
- In the window, press scan.
- "Double-click" your network (hit right nub up, might take a few tries if it's not tuned)
- Fill in the auth info and hit enter
- You should be connected now. It now will connect every time Gentoo starts.
- Open a terminal and run:
# $ su - # Password: # emerge -avK htop
- Updating the system using binary packages:
# emerge -auvDK @world
- Build portage tree to install prebuilt packages:
# emerge --sync (will take a while the first time) # emerge -av wgetpaste