From Pandora Wiki
- Razor-qt 0.5.2 desktop
- Over 500 pre-built packages, including: Firefox 29.0, GIMP 2.8.10, QtCreator 2.8.1, gdb 7.6.2, Valgrind 3.9.0, gcc 4.7.3
- All the packages were built for Cortex-A8 (softfp), mostly Gentoo arm stable
- Pandora All versions fine?
- SD card Minimum 2GB
Download the gentoo image
Partition the SD card
- mkfs.ext2 -L boot /dev/mmcblk0p1# mkfs.ext4 -L gentoo -E stride=2,stripe-width=1024 /dev/mmcblk0p2# mkdir -p /mnt/gentoo# mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/gentoo# mkdir /mnt/gentoo/boot# mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/gentoo/boot
Extract Gentoo onto the SD card partitions
- tar xapvf gentoo-pandora-2014.05.tar.bz2 -C /mnt/gentoo# umount /mnt/gentoo/boot# umount /mnt/gentoo=== Wireless ===
- Click the wifi icon in the tray.
- In the window, press scan.
- "Double-click" your network (hit right nub up, might take a few tries if it's not tuned)
- Fill in the auth info and hit enter
- You should be connected now. It now will connect every time Gentoo starts.
- Open a terminal and run:# $ su -
- emerge -avK htop
- You can also try updating the system using binary packages:
- emerge -auvDK @world
- If you'd like to install packages that are not prebuilt, you need to first get the portage tree, and then build it yourself:
- emerge --sync (will take a while the first time)
- emerge -av wgetpaste