- Touchscreen LED TFT-LCD
- 4.3-inch (93.6 x 56.2 mm)
- 800x480 widescreen (5:3)
- Brightness: 300 cd/m2
- Contrast ratio: 450:1
- Viewable in direct sunlight, but it will wash out.
- Response time: tr+tf=30ms
- No ghosting.
- Screen datasheet (TD043MTEA1) The Pandora uses the display from the Archos 605 Media Player. However, on the Archos LCD the pinout is reversed as well as the cable having a 45 degree angle which would make it fail to line up with the Pandora LCD cable in the lid. --
- TSC2046: ADS7846 compatible touch screen controller
The Pandora touchscreen is resistive. Resistive touchscreens cannot do multitouch like the iPhone or iPod Touch can, but they can do simplistic pressure sensing. Resistive touchscreens use a stylus for input, which is included. Since it is resistive you can also use your finger for less accurate tasks, such as pressing buttons. It is very easy and natural to switch between gaming controls to touchscreen.
Internal display cable
This archive contains all files needed to make a lcd-cable. (Pinouts are also listed within the archive.)
* License for the Pandora PCB and LCD-Cable Files:
- All files within this ZIP archive are owned by MJW Designs (Michael Weston).
- They are free to use for non-commercial use.
- If you plan to modify them and redistribute them,
- always keep this license and a link to www.openpandora.org
- in the archive and on your project page (if you have one).
- If you plan to use them for any commercial projects, please do contact us.
- Contact details:
- OpenPandora GmbH
- Michael Mrozek
- Schäffbräustr. 11
- 85049 Ingolstadt
(End of license)
Notaz, who was working with the touch screen driver, says it can do some pressure sensing and returns around 16 different values for pressure. This is not as sensitive as Wacom tablets are, but allows simple pressure sensitivity in applications are designed for it. For software development, it is accessible through standard Linux event interface (raw values), or tslib (calibrated).
A suitable screen protector is available to be ordered along with purchase. This prevents wear and damage to the touch layer.
Considerations for flip / "tablet" mode?
This idea is patented.
Pandora could not have a hinge which either flipped all the way back or rotated without substantially increasing the cost through patent licensing fees.