From Pandora Wiki
Case for the pandora
- Black plastic or black plastic coated with gray paint.
- Molded plastic by company in China that is now closed. The injection moulds are lost.
- Manufactured in Germany on a brand new 5-Axis CNC machining centre.
- Preorder by external company IDV engineering working with Dragonbox. A minimum of 100 orders is needed and met, the initial run is not limited to 100. Dragonbox has ordered 20 for resale 
- Costs 99 EUR (incl. VAT) A 35 euro service is offered by dragonbox to change cases. 
- This is in tune with the production cost of the project, and that its offered as a service rather than for profit.
- Timeframe is 4 weeks in production, which starts when pre-order threshold is met. 
- AW-7075 (540 N/mm²) Aluminium with hard anodizing. (This is a hard coating atop the raw aluminium that hardens it and prevents corrosion. Normal anodizing doesnt leave the surface as smooth. The smooth surface will not hold paint, and the type of high grade alu used does not respond well to colour-anodizing in other colours than those offered.) 
- Smooth finish 
- Hinge will be redesigned 
- All latches and notches on the original case design will be replaced by screws. Torx or hex screws will be used 
- As a full aluminium case is also a Faraday cage that shields wireless signals, an insert will be made to allow for connectivity.  This "window" will be black plastic and might have an antenna engraved on it.  It can be left out if the buyer so desires  by leaving a note to ED with your purchase.
- Case will be milled down from a 3KG block of aluminium 
- Work involved in making a case. 
- The cost of making just one prototype is estimated at 4000€, which, if divided on 100 preorders, would drive the price up considerably. Hence the limit of 100 to start the process for everyone. 
- When ordering a Pandora in the future, if there are any left, the alucase could be added as a default option. The extra price will be 100 Euro 
- (18 july) EvilDragon: aTc, If the case won't work out, you get the money back.
- (16 aug) ED has given the green light to start production.
- (7 nov) There is an issue with translating the cad files to cnc programming, CAM postprocessor fix is in progress. Estimated hopeful delivery end of november 
- (10 jan) Software for the production machinery turns out not to work, and a new solution has been found. Pandora cases are now planned for production end of January 
- Can be used to modify the design, and is 3D-printable. Feel free to share modifications with the community.
* License for the Pandora Case Files:
- I, Dave Cancilier,
- still retain all rights and ownership an have rights to do anything with
- Pandora design/files as I wish, such as uploading to a website, selling the
- files, using them for derivative works etc.
- It is open for non commercial use, any company/persons using for monetary
- purposes or for resale must contact me first and possibly pay small
- royalties, or a one time fee on sales and/or use.
- By accepting and redistributing these files/design you are agreeing to these
- terms. If you do not agree, the files must be deleted/destroyed.
(End of License)