Case for the pandora
- Black plastic or black plastic coated with gray paint.
- Molded plastic by company in China that is now closed. The injection moulds are lost.
- Manufactured in Germany on a brand new 5-Axis CNC machining centre.
- Preorder by external company IDV engineering working with Dragonbox. A minimum of 100 orders is needed, the initial run is not limited to 100.
- Costs 99 EUR (incl. VAT) A 35 euro service is offered by dragonbox to change cases. 
- It is said that this is the cost of the project, and that its offered as a service rather than for profit.
- AW-7075 (540 N/mm²) (aluminium with Mouse gray or Jet Black hard anodizing.) (This is a hard coating atop the raw aluminium that hardens it and prevents corrosion. Normal anodizing doesnt leave the surface as smooth. The smooth surface will not hold paint, and the type of high grade alu used does not respond well to colour-anodizing in other colours than those offered.) 
- Smooth finish 
- Hinge will be redisigned 
- All latches and notches on the original case design will be replaced by screws.
- Torx or hex screws will be used 
- As a full aluminium case is also a faraday cage that sheilds wireless signals, plastic doors will be made to allow for connectivity.  This plastic door will be black and could have an antenna engraved on it. 
- An alu option is planned to be offered as an option when ordering a pandora in the future, for the few that are left, if any. The extra price will be 100 euro 
- Case will be milled down from a 3KG block of aluminium 
- Work involved in making a case. 
- (18 july. 01.23 +0200) EvilDragon: aTc, If the case won't work out, you get the money back.
- The cost of making just one prototype is estimated at 4000€, which, if divided on 100 preorders, would drive the price up considerably. Hence the limit of 100 to start the process for everyone. 
- Can be used to modify the design, and is 3D-printable. Feel free to share modifications with the community.
* License for the Pandora Case Files:
- I, Dave Cancilier,
- still retain all rights and ownership an have rights to do anything with
- Pandora design/files as I wish, such as uploading to a website, selling the
- files, using them for derivative works etc.
- It is open for non commercial use, any company/persons using for monetary
- purposes or for resale must contact me first and possibly pay small
- royalties, or a one time fee on sales and/or use.
- By accepting and redistributing these files/design you are agreeing to these
- terms. If you do not agree, the files must be deleted/destroyed.
(End of License)