Since the Pandora was released, its Zaxxon firmware has been updated with a number of Hotfixes. The latest stable one is Hotfix 6, released in October 2011.
- Information and discussion (2011-10-10)
- PND update (the quickest method)
- Full flash update (will delete all prior user settings; useful if you've screwed something up and are not sure of how to fix it)
Bugs and solutions
In general, the latest information about bugs will be on the official bugtracker; that is also the best place to go report a bug.
PNDs won't run
So you can start Xfce, but you can no longer run any programs or switch to Minimenu since you upgraded to HF6? This can easily be solved without a reflash. To quote valhalla, this problem is because of version 1.0-r58.5 of the pandora-scripts package that includes some files that it should not have included and conflicts with the new version of pandora-libpnd. That version is installed at least in HF5rc2.
- Open a terminal in the location where you put your HF6 update PND. In the default file browser, you can do this by right-clicking in the folder where the PND is, and selecting "open terminal here". For example, if you put it on your desktop (
/pandora/desktop), the text in the terminal to the left of your cursor should look something like
- type in
sudo mkdir /mnt/pndand press "enter". If it asks you for your password, type in what you use to log in to your Pandora, then press "enter".
- type in
sudo mount -o loop HF6-Updater.pnd /mnt/pndand press "enter"
- Now we'll go to the packages directory in the PND and reinstall a couple of packages. Type in
cd /mnt/pnd/packages/other/and press "enter"
- Type in
sudo opkg install pandora-libpnd_1.0-r56.5_armv7a.ipkand press "enter"
- Type in
sudo opkg install pandora-skel_1.0-r9.5_omap3-pandora.ipkand press "enter"
- To unmount the PND, type in
sudo umount /mnt/pndand press "enter". If it says it can't unmount it, just restart your Pandora.
- That's it, your pandora should work again!
- RC (2011-10-07)
- Beta 1 (2011-09-14)
- Alpha 4 (2011-06-21)
- Alpha 3 (2011-06-17)
- Alpha 2 (2011-06-16)
- Alpha 1 (2011-06-09)
- RC2: OP GP32X (2011-02-22)
- RC1: OP GP32X (2011-02-09)
- Beta 4 (2011-02-01)
- Beta 3 (2011-01-28)
- Beta 2 (2011-01-23)
- Beta 1 (2011-01-17)
- Information and discussion (2010-07-01)
- Information and discussion (2010-06-08)
- Beta 1 (2010-06-08)
- Information and discussion (2010-05-24)