Mount over ssh
From Pandora Wiki
To mount a folder via ssh you have to this:
- Install an ssh server on the computer on which the folder you want to use on your Pandora is - on Ubuntu, for example you can do this by installing the package "openssh-server".
- Find out the computer's IP, on Linux by entering on the pc, where device is for example eth0 or wlan0. This may output something like this:
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet Hardware Adresse 00:23:54:40:b5:70 inet Adresse:111.222.333.444 Bcast:184.108.40.206 Maske:255.255.252.0 inet6-Adresse: fe80::223:54ff:fe40:b570/64 Gültigkeitsbereich:Verbindung UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metrik:1 RX packets:2409696 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:1568020 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:1 Kollisionen:0 Sendewarteschlangenlänge:1000 RX bytes:2481151337 (2.4 GB) TX bytes:281823385 (281.8 MB) Interrupt:29
"111.222.333.444" is your IP.
- On the Pandora open a terminal and type where "/some/path" is where you want to mount the folder, for example "/media/desktoppc" or whatever.
sudo mkdir /some/path
- Then enter where "user" is your username on the pc, "IP" it's IP address, "/folder/to/mount" the folder on the pc you want to mount on your Pandora (for example /home/user) and "/where/to/mount/on/the/Pandora" the folder you created where you want to mount it on the Pandora.
sshfs user@IP:/folder/to/mount /where/to/mount/on/the/Pandora
- You will be asked for a password, here enter the password of the user on the pc whose name you entered for "user" in the last step